Black. Lives. Matter.
Daunte Wright, George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, Tony McDade and the countless others matter.
We fundamentally believe change depends on actions over words, and on “consistency over momentary intensity.”1 So, here are the actions we have been taking:
- We have officially formed a corporate charitable foundation which we’re launching in May 2021 called Foundation 43 whose mission is to expand access to effective mental health care and suicide prevention within historically marginalized communities, with a particular focus on funding organizations built by and for the communities they serve.
- To get things started, Foundation 43 has partnered with 4 amazing organizations:
- Black Men Heal
- Black Men Heal provides access to mental health treatment, psycho-education, and community resources to men of color. Learn more at https://blackmenheal.org/
- The Trevor Project
- The Trevor Project is the world's largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Questioning) young people. Learn more at https://www.thetrevorproject.org/
- Headstrong provides cost-free, bureaucracy-free, stigma-free, confidential, and effective mental health treatment for veterans and their families. Learn more at https://getheadstrong.org/
- Active Minds
- Active Minds promotes mental health for young adults in high schools, on college campuses, in workplaces and in the community, driving change in the culture around mental health. Learn more at https://www.activeminds.org/
- This year we will donate >$200k in total to Foundation 43 in order to support these partner organizations starting with ~$100k donated at launch which we have been accruing in the background for Foundation 43.
- We have partnered with Power to Fly, a women-led organization focused on helping companies build and stay accountable to their diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives. We are at the beginning of a 5 year journey to drive equity and inclusivity throughout our organization.
- We have ensured diversity in our social feed to ensure we are uplifting marginalized communities with our content
- We commit to providing updates to our community as we continue to make progress. We ask that you not only judge our contribution to racial equality with a critical eye at this moment but also over the long term. We are inexpert by definition, and we welcome the help of the community to guide us in our actions.
How you can act:
- Donate directly to Foundation 43 partner organizations
- Donate to other incredible organizations that support Racial Equality
- Donate to support Daunte Wright’s family and local community
- Donate to support the family of Daunte Wright
- Donate to support the Brooklyn Center community
- Donate to Brooklyn Center High School
- Help rebuild small businesses
- Take time to see how you can show up as an intentional ally
- Practice compassion and understanding when engaging in hard conversations
- Learn how to fight racism
- Reach out to friends in the BIPOC community to check in and create space to truly listen and learn
- Find a local organization that supports the BIPOC community to donate time or resources
We stand with the Black Community. We stand against systemic racism.
Black Lives Matter.
- Kyle, Tom, Rainer, Preston and Everyone at Chubbies
1 Tani Brown, Jopwell.